Back to Blog
First and foremost, we hope all of you and your families have been able to remain safe and healthy during this time. We also want to say thank you to everyone who has remained supportive and positive while we've been closed. I'm sure many of you have seen that gyms are included in Phase 1 of reopening on June 1st, so we'd like to take this time to address our plans. Once we are able to re-open, we will be operating at limited capacity and taking additional precautions to ensure everyone's safety to the best of our abilities.
We know everyone will be excited to work out again and get back into a normal routine, however we all have to be smart about our approach and remember that we still have an obligation to keeping fellow members of our community safe as well. In order make that happen, a few modifications to our operating structure will be implemented. Change isn't always easy, but our goal is to turn this situation into a positive by providing an even more personalized and rewarding experience for each member moving forward.
The following policies will take effect immediately upon our ability to re-open our doors:
1. All training sessions will be by RESERVATION ONLY. Visits must be scheduled in advance via the Mindbody app. This includes personal training, group classes, semi-private workouts, and open gym. Anyone who shows up to train without a reservation will be turned away with no exceptions.
2. There will be a maximum of 8 members allowed in the building per 90 minute time slot (unless a smaller number is legally mandated). The only exception will be with our outdoor workouts. Those will be limited to 10 (unless also legally required to do otherwise). For group workouts there will be EIGHT slots available for the class only, during semi-private workout hours there will be FOUR slots to work with a coach and FOUR open gym slots, and every other hour there will be EIGHT slots for open gym.
3. Every member present will have a designated training area. With smaller group sizes, there will be plenty of equipment available for each individual to train uninterrupted. Every piece of equipment used must be cleaned with the provided spray bottles and towels. Most of you already do a great job at that, but you will be held responsible for clean up to a much stricter degree. Failed adherence to this policy after multiple direct warnings will result in revocation of membership.
4. By state regulation, every member must have a face covering to enter the building. However, if you are more than 6 feet away from others, you may remove your face covering while training. Anyone without a face covering in their possession will not be allowed entry in to the building.
5. Moving forward, we will limit our Metcon group class to 7:30am only. For those of you who don't mind training with a larger group, want to continue with our general programming, and would like to remain at your current membership rate, 7:30am will be your time slot. All other time slots will be reserved for semi-private workouts (4 athletes max), personal training, and open gym. To accommodate our summer visitors, a 9am class will be added July 6th through August 28th only.
6. Semi-private workouts are tentatively being pre-scheduled for 9:00am and 12:00pm Monday through Friday. There will only be 4 spaces available per session, however, additional time slots may be added based on request. With semi-private workouts, members will receive a more personalized experience designed to help you hit your goals faster and more efficiently. Our semi-private training option comes with an initial 1 on 1 evaluation and goal setting session, a monthly 1 on 1 follow up session with your coach, and a personal subscription to the TrueCoach app which includes: a daily workout with modifications adjusted to your specific needs and limitations, video demonstrations of all exercises, an in-app messaging system for direct communication with your coach, an interactive calendar to get an overview of the entire month's scheduled workouts, and a virtual statistic and measurement journal.
7. To offset the lower volume of members we can accommodate vs. operating expenses remaining the same, we are cutting our "open gym only" membership and a small increase of our punch card prices will be required. Basic Membership, which includes access to group classes and open gym, will remain at $125.00. Personal training and personalized programming rates will remain the same as well. Open gym drop-in packages will increase from $85 to $95 for 5 visits and from $160 to $175 for 10 visits. Our semi-private workout program is being provided at a $75.00 membership upgrade.
As we receive more information, we will continue to provide you all with updates accordingly.
Also, for those of you who HAVE NOT borrowed equipment but who have continued to keep your membership active in support, first of all thank you, but you will be credited for all unused time once we re-open. For those of you who HAVE borrowed equipment and would prefer to continue with home workouts for a while, there is no rush to return anything (provided that you continue with membership payment as agreed).
Once again, thank you all and please contact us via email at email@example.com with any questions!